From 60-88% those who join a health club, after the first 30 days, do not go back on a regular basis! It’s not that they don’t want to be there, it’s just that “things” keep getting in the way. It’s amazing how many excuses we can come up with as to why we just can’t make it to the gym. First, you need to remember why you joined in the first place. Working out at a club holds many benefits: Sense of community; support from others; the reminder that you’re not alone in your struggle to stay fit; personal trainers who are there to help; variety of equipment to keep your workout fresh; childcare, so you can workout uninterrupted, etc.
Tips to Get You to the Gym More Often
- Create time slots each week for when you can get there.
- Schedule it! Put it on your calendar. Treat it like a meeting that you cannot miss.
- Remind yourself why you are working out. Create a list of the reasons why you got the membership in the first place, and look at it every day. Things like; better sleep, self confidence, healthy heart, strong muscles, strong back, good posture, stress relief, and socializing with healthy people.
- Pack your workout bag the night before and set it by the front door as a reminder.
- Invite a friend and make an appointment to meet them there.